Thai Red Curry Spice Kit
This Curry spice kit will awaken your Thai sensations. The kit contains the dried spices required to create the ‘paste’ to create a restaurant quality Thai curry in your own home
This Thai Red Curry spice kit will awaken your Thai sensations. The kit contains the dried spices required to create the 'paste' to create a restaurant quality Thai curry in your own home
This is what else you need to make your Thai Red Curry spice kit!
Choose your main ingredient from: 500g–750g diced chicken, vegetables or seafood, 1 garlic clove, peeled, 20g ginger, peeled, 6 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp oil, 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed, 400ml tinned coconut milk, 125ml stock, sliced red chillies and lemon for garnish
- Blend the contents of the Spice Bag with 1 garlic clove, ginger and 4 tbsp fish sauce. (This creates the Thai paste that will store refrigerated for 2 weeks).
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil and add the crushed garlic cloves and fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in the paste from Step 1. Cook for 10-15 seconds then gradually add the coconut milk.
- Add your chosen main ingredients and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and 2 tbsp of fish sauce and simmer until all the ingredients are cooked through. Garnish with the chillies and lemon and serve.
About Thai Red Curry
Thai Red curry has more or less remained the same over time, with traditional Thai chefs adding up to 20 red chilies to give it that red colour and make it spicy. However, some modern chefs prefer to reduce the number of chilies in exchange for chili powder and sometimes tomato sauce, which have the added benefit of enhancing the red colour as well as imparting a deeper flavour.