Thai Yellow Curry Spice Kit
Included in the kit: Printed instructions, Turmeric, Coriander Powder, Caraway Seeds, Lemon Grass Powder, Dried Chillies, Kaffir Lime Leaves. 15 g (Net)
Store in cool, dry conditions
Ingredients are originally from Various EU countries, India, Indonesia, Thailand, China, Madagascar
As in traditional Indian curry, Thai yellow curry includes turmeric as one of the vital ingredients, giving the curry its typical golden-yellow hue. In fact, some Thai yellow curries resemble Indian curry in appearance while remaining distinctly Thai in taste. This Yellow Chicken Curry kit will bring you all the flavour of your local Thai restaurant Thai Yellow Curry in the comfort of your own home. You will only need a few store cupboard essentials along with fish sauce (available at most supermarkets) and tinned coconut milk.
This Thai yellow curry spice kit will bring you all the flavour and aroma of any Thai dish in the comfort of your own home.
This is what else you need to make your Thai Yellow Curry spice kit!
Choose your main ingredient from: 500g–750g diced chicken, vegetables or seafood, 2 garlic cloves, peeled, 20g ginger, peeled, 2 shallots, 3 tbsp fish sauce, 3 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 400ml tinned coconut milk, 2 tsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp lime juice, sliced lime for garnish
- Blend the contents of the Spice Bag with the garlic, ginger, shallots, 3 tbsp fish sauce, 2 tbsp oil and lemon juice. (This creates the Thai paste that will store refrigerated for 2 weeks).
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil. Stir in the curry paste from Step 1 and cook for 30 seconds. Add your chosen main ingredient and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, brown sugar.
- Simmer until the ingredients are cooked through and the sauce is the desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice. Garnish with the sliced lime and serve.
About Thai Yellow Curry
As in traditional Indian curry, Thai yellow curry includes turmeric as one of the vital ingredients, giving the curry its typical golden-yellow hue. In fact, some Thai yellow curries resemble Indian curry in appearance while remaining distinctly Thai in taste. Yellow curry paste (nam prik gaeng karee) has a mild, somewhat sweet taste with some spice (mild/medium). In addition to the turmeric, curry powder is pounded combined with coriander seeds, cumin, lemongrass, galangal or ginger, garlic, and yellow or red chili. Thai yellow curry chicken is a common dish, and the paste is often combined with coconut milk and used in fish stews.