Jalfrezi curry spice kit
Included in the kit: Printed instructions, Cumin Powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric Powder, Chilli Powder 15 g (Net)
Store in cool, dry conditions
Ingredients are originally from Various EU countries, India, Indonesia, Thailand, China, Madagascar
Jalfrezi is a spicy curry cooked in a tomato gravy that’s finished off with a garam masala fry of freshly cooked chunks of onions, peppers and tomatoes. The spices and flavours are lifted with the addition of lemon juice and fresh coriander.
Using Craving Curries Jalfrezi Curry Spice Kit, you can produce a spicy curry cooked in a tomato gravy that’s finished off with garam masala and freshly cooked chunks of onions, peppers and tomatoes. This Jalfrezi Curry Spice Kit will help you create this wonderful flavoursome dish with no fuss.
This is what else you need to make your Jalfrezi curry spice kit!
Choose your main ingredient from: 500g–750g diced chicken, vegetables, paneer or seafood, 4 tbsp oil, 1 onion, finely chopped, 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped, 15g ginger, finely chopped, 4 green chillies, chopped, 3 medium tomatoes, chopped, 1 tsp salt and sugar, 4 tbsp natural yoghurt, 200ml cold water, 2 tsp cornflower (or your chosen thickening agent), 1 tbsp water, 1 medium onion, cut into 3cm chunks, 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into 3 cm chunks, 2 tomatoes, quartered, 20g butter, juice of 1 lemon, 2 handfuls of chopped coriander leaves, 2 red chillies, sliced.
- Gently fry the onions with the 3 tbsp. of oil in a pan over a medium heat until softened but not coloured.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chopped chillies, chopped tomatoes and the contents of your Spice Bag, salt and sugar and fry for 3 minutes.
- If using meat or vegetables, add to the sauce now and cook for 5 minutes then add the water and yoghurt. Reduce the heat slightly so the sauce simmers and continue cooking until the sauce is reduced by about a third.
- Mix the thickening agent with a tablespoon of water to form a smooth paste and stir into the curry until the sauce thickens, stirring frequently. If using seafood or paneer add it into the thickened sauce and cook for 3-6 minutes or until all the ingredients are cooked.
- In the meantime, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and stir fry the onion and green pepper in a pan over a medium to high heat for 3–4 minutes until lightly browned. Add the quartered tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes more then add the butter and lemon juice.
- Add the stir-fried vegetables and combine with the curry. Stir in the chopped coriander and sliced red chillies and serve.
About Jalfrezi Curry
Jalfrezi is a restaurant favourite that everyone wants to cook at home. The word Jalfrezi comes from the style of cooking and not the dish itself. ‘Jal’ or ‘Jaldi’ means quick and ‘frezi’ means to fry. Jalfrezi is a quick dish made with simple fresh ingredients and a simple tomato sauce. It provides big bold flavours and doesn’t take too much time to cook