Makhani Curry Spice Kit
Included in the kit: Printed instructions, Garam Masala, Chili, Coriander, Cumin 9 g (Net)
Store in cool, dry conditions
Ingredients are originally from Various EU countries, India, Indonesia, Thailand, China, Madagascar
This Makhani curry recipe requires some preparation the day before and marinating overnight. This creamy makhani curry has a mildly spicy undertone, which will leave you wanting more!
This Makhani curry kit will serve up to 4 people.
This Makhani curry spice kit will create this creamy curry with a mildly spicy undertone, which will leave you wanting more!
This is what else you need to make your Makhani Curry spice kit!
Choose your main ingredient from: 500g–750g diced chicken or paneer, 4 garlic cloves, peeled, 20g ginger, peeled, 2 tbsp oil, 70g butter, softened, juice of ½ lemon, 1 tsp salt, 150ml natural yoghurt, 1-2 green chillies, sliced, 3 garlic cloves, grated, 20g ginger, grated, 400g tinned chopped tomatoes, 1 tbsp tomato puree, 150ml water, 1 tsp of honey, 150ml single cream
- For the marinade, puree 4 garlic cloves, 20g of the peeled ginger together with the oil to form a paste. Combine in a bowl with the 20g of the softened butter, lemon juice and the contents of Spice Bag A, ½ tsp salt and the yoghurt. Add chicken or paneer to the marinade, cover and then refrigerate overnight.
- For the sauce, melt the remaining 50g butter and add the chillies, grated garlic and ginger and fry over a low to medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, the contents of Spice Bag B, ½ tsp of salt and the water. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes then add the honey.
- Pre-heat the grill to its highest setting then line the grill pan with foil. Lay the marinated chicken or paneer and any remaining marinade on the prepared grill. Cook on all sides until coloured.
- Add the grilled ingredients and any marinade residue to the curry sauce and simmer on a low heat until all ingredients are cooked then add the cream. Stir well and serve.
About Makhani Curry
Makhani is a Hindustani word meaning “with butter”. It is used in the names of several dishes from Punjabi cuisine. Murgh Makhani is an Indian dish of chicken in a mildly spiced curry sauce. It is served in India and abroad. The dish has its roots in Punjabi cuisine and was developed by the Moti Mahal restaurant in Delhi India. Murgh Makhani is not the same thing as tikka masala; both the recipes look similar and use marinated grilled chicken/ paneer in the sauce, but the base sauce for the two recipes are quite different. While the tikka masala is told to have been created from Campbell's Tomato Soup, the sauce for Makhani is made with pureed juicy tomatoes, and spices cooked in butter, and is finished off with fresh cream. The primary aroma of the dish unfolds with the addition of the kasuri methi/ dried fenugreek leaves. This Makhani curry recipe requires some preparation the day before and marinating overnight. This creamy Makhani curry has a mildly spicy undertone, which will leave you wanting more! This Makhani Curry Spice Kit will serve up to 4 people.