Goa Curry Spice Kit
Included in the kit: Printed instructions, Smoked Paprika, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala, Mango Powder, Turmeric Powder, Cumin Powder. 25 g (Net)
Store in cool, dry conditions
Ingredients are originally from Various EU countries, India, Indonesia, Thailand, China, Madagascar
An aromatic curry that is quick and simple to make. The blend of spices and coconut milk gives intense flavour which compliments the tenderness from the chicken, fresh fish or vegetables.
This Goa curry spice kit provides a light fragrant dish with layers of mild spicy flavours
This is what else you need to make your Goa Curry spice kit!
Choose your main ingredient from: 500g–750g diced chicken, vegetables, or seafood, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 4 garlic cloves, grated, 20g ginger, grated, 4 tbsp oil, 1 large onion, finely chopped, 3 tbsp tomato puree dissolved in 250ml of water, 400ml coconut milk, 4 green chillies, sliced lengthways, juice of ½ to 1 lime, handful of chopped coriander (optional), 1 green chilli, sliced
- Combine the contents of the Spice Bag with the salt, sugar, grated garlic and ginger with a little water to make a paste.
- Gently fry the onions with the oil in a pan over a medium heat until softened but not coloured.
- Stir in the spice paste from Step 1 and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add the dissolved tomato puree and water and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, 4 sliced chillies and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken or vegetables and continue to simmer until all the ingredients are cooked through the sauce has thickened. If using seafood add now. Stir in the lime juice, coriander and serve sprinkle with the sliced green chilli.
About Goa Curry
Food and drinks are an integral part of marking Goa's vibrant culture. Meals bring families together, and a staple is the combination of Goa fish curry and rice. This is an aromatic curry that is quick and simple to make. The blend of spices and coconut milk gives intense flavour which compliments the tenderness from the chicken, fresh fish or vegetables. This kit gives a gentle smoky and earthy flavour to the sauce with a mild spice heat. We suggest chicken, fish or vegetables but this curry could easily make a delightful crab curry as the flavours and spices are so delicate.