Who’s up for a proper easy Chilli Jam?
Proper easy Chilli Jam is a perfect as the summer approaches and the weather improves and we can look forward to eating al-fresco! Whether it is picnic food or BBQ or just on our easy flat bread. There are many more recipes on our free recipe page to give you some choices to easy outdoor food!
A simple recipe packed with flavour and of course a bit of heat that will satisfy your spice fix any day of the week, so if your craving some spice because you are not having your usual curry fix, give this Jam a try.
You can also serve it with your favourite curry instead of the lime pickle or mango chutney most of us enjoy
Here is the how to prepare our Proper Easy Chilli Jam!
- Blend together 3 chillies, 4 cloves of garlic and a 20g piece of peeled ginger, slowly adding 2 tbs of fish sauce..
- Heat 250g caster sugar, 100ml of red wine vinegar and the chilli puree from step 1.
- Add 400g tinned tomato and gently bring to a boil.
- Simmer gently for 30 mins and stir occasionally to prevent the Jam from sticking
- Store in sterilised jars in the fridge