Well we wanted to try vegetarian at the end of the last lockdown to loose some of the three B weigh gain (I’ll let you work that out!) so went in search of a free recipe for us.
loving our curries and spicy food in general, we thought the best dishes to choose would be vegetarian curries so off the the good old search engine!
Worked a treat with our own twist?
Its a great curry or side dish, It’s a free recipe for you to enjoy trying our recipe below! We would love to hear your thoughts 🙂
Methi Matar Malai
A delightful combination of methi (fenugreek) and green peas. This dish has a nice, rich creamy texture and is very aromatic with the use of spices and methi leaves.
Ingredients for the paste:
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 80g cashew nuts
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 130g boiled green peas
- 150ml double cream
- 100ml milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt to taste
- handful chopped fresh coriander
- To make the paste -add all the ingredients to make the paste in a blender, adding just enough water to bind the paste.
- To make the matar methi malai -heat the oil in a pan. Add the ground paste and fry the paste 6-7 minutes and keep stirring frequently and adding a little water to avoid the paste from sticking to the pan.
- Add chopped fenugreek leaves, salt and sugar with ½ cup of water. Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the boiled peas, cream and milk. Simmer for 5-6 minutes on a low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Delicious served hot with naan or parathas.